Subject: Re: Hi & Lightspeed?
From: [email-masked] (Dave Paige)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 1996 10:33:54 -0500

On Sat, 20 Jan 1996 04:37:44 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have just joined the list and though I would say Hi! I am a newby to
>Lightwave, but I have been in Freelance computer graphics for about 6 years. It
>keeps me in wine, computers, and a month on the French Rivera each summer!
>
>I have seen a mention of a Lightspeed video mag. Has anyone seen it? Is it any
>good? 
>
>I cann't belive the amount of how-to-do information and mags around on Lighwave.
>No wonder it hardly gets a mention in the regular computer graphics press.
>
>Thanks
>
>Ken

Welcome to Lightwave Ken. I've been using Lightwave since 1990 and
before that it's predecessor, Videoscape 3D.

I think the lack of mention in the regular press is more of a bias
than anything else. Since Lightwave started life as part of the Video
Toaster, it's disscusion has been hampered by the unwillingness of
many to accept the Toaster or the Amiga.

But it's a great program, as can be attested by all of it's use in
Holywood, in many cases by groups who could afford much more expensive
packages.

If you need any help, ask away!

Dave Paige
[email-masked]